Nkuru-Nziza, which means ‘Good news’ in Rwandese, is a Not-For-Profit organization offering charitable community services to identified and deserving local communities in Uganda.
The range of services includes, but is not limited to, poverty alleviation and community development initiatives such as health, education, sanitation and family care, sustainable energy and environmental protection. Initially the organization is focusing on the delivery of health and sustainable energy/environmental protection initiatives. Over time, these activities could extend according to the needs of the community and availability of resources.
Other Objectives are:
- To mobilize and encourage the local community to be the captain of its soul and mind in ensuring a healthy and literate community that is well practiced in matters of environmental protection and conservation.
- To obtain, raise and receive funds by way of contributions, donations, legacies, grants and any other lawful method and accept and receive gifts of property of any description in order to finance activities undertaken.
- To plan, design, execute and deliver poverty alleviation and community development initiatives in areas of health, education, sanitation and family care, sustainable energy and environmental protection freely or at concessional costs for the benefit of the local community.
- To set up and run health centers, schools and vocational training institutes, in particular for the orphans and vulnerable children in the community.
- To support Women & Widows in income generating activities. To support people living with HIV/AIDS.
- To acquire land for the establishment of the above activities.
- To collaborate, become members of or affiliate with other organizations subject to the decisions of the Board of Directors.